Monday, December 18, 2006

When Art Meets Commerce

1.I did not have too much concern in the world of entertainment--the reason is complex and I am not going to talk about that.

I did not know the 'Super Girl' singing competition until my China Daily showed me a group of fan of Zhou Bichang.(I can not tell Li Yuchun and Zhou apart at that time! I simply do not have too much concern on those kind of thing.)

2.This time I was struck with the 'Curse of the Golden Flower' promotion on TV...

When Art Meets Commerce...

The director might have his own thinking of how to make a film.The artistic requirement must be reached,of course.
However,he did consider the market,home and abroad.

It's kind of pleasing the foreign movie goers that he emphasized so much on the oriental elements.
Intended add-ons make me sick.

They all want to enter a greater market.There's nothing wrong with that,because the income is a drive to make directors moving on.No one wants to do that if there's no profit...

So for the profit concerns,the movie lose something.
The movie which truly reflects the real world usually do not sell better.

But the movie in all is for enjoying.

I try not think too much.

Time is so limited...will talk more if possible.



link related to Curse of The Golden Flower

http://www.cctv.com/program/cultureexpress/20061204/101041.shtml

No comments: