Thursday, October 26, 2006

IQ test – a real measure of your intelligence?

When was the last time you had an IQ test? I had one online yesterday. (http://web.tickle.com/tests/) The result? 117 points out of a total 130 (or 140, I can’t remember). Not bad, huh? Actually, the report suggests that I scored above average Americans in dozens of states. Well, does that translate to higher intelligence than the Americans? I’m not sure.

According to the report, the careers I could excel include: physicist, chess player, city planner, astronomer, mathematician and researcher…none of which has ever entered my mind as a profession choice.

Ironically, physics and math were among my least favourite and worst performed subjects at school. How could I do a good job in professions that require a high level of knowledge in these fields?

The report also suggests that I need to improve my linguistic abilities, which, as a matter of fact, are much better than my physics and math.

I’m a firm believer in the idea that intelligence is something you’re born with and something can’t be coached or cultivated. No one knows how smart you are than you yourself. Everybody has a talent. The question is how to find the way to put your talent into great use. Once you’ve found it, success will be closer to you than ever before.

Try one of the online IQ tests, just for fun. You’ll be surprised by your better-than-imagined performance.

No comments: